Short videos highlighting your family are a great way to share what the tax credit scholarships and school choice mean to you, and help remind potential donors to consider recommending your family for their tax credits.
You send us video clips of your kids you take with your phone. We edit them, add voice over and some graphics, and turn it into a short video for you to share. There is no cost to you to do this.
Below are some instructions to help you get started:
- You take the video on your phone, we provide the rest.
- Be sure to take the video holding the phone horizontally instead of vertically.
- Whatever format your phone takes videos in is fine. But please ensure the videos are in high resolution. (please do not compress before sending)
- You might find it easier to send the video clips to us one at a time rather than grouping them. It is helpful if you include your child’s name in the subject line. E-mail the clips to (email@example.com)
- Please do NOT include other children in your video besides your own.
**If you cannot send videos, e-mail 6 to 8 pictures of your child/children doing various activities. But be sure to indicate the photos are to be used for a custom video**
When you are ready to start, here are the suggested shots we would like you to take:
- For the introduction to the video, a few seconds of your child/children giving a greeting.
- Next, several seconds of your child/children playing games, playing sports, or doing some sort of hobby. Remember smiling faces and to make it fun!
- For the conclusion of the video, please take a few seconds of your child/children saying, “Thank you” and waving goodbye. OR A few seconds of you and your child/children saying, “thank you” and explaining the importance of your child/children attending this school.
Once you have your video:
We will provide you with a YouTube Link. You can use that link as you wish, posting it on your social media or sending it out by email.
A landing page is a one-page website set up specifically for your family. If you provide us with a few digital photos of your child(ren), we will send the first draft. You then will have the ability to edit the landing page to express the exact message you would like to convey. These landing pages have proven to be an excellent way to start the conversations with your social contacts regarding donations.
Step 1 : Make Your Page.
- Send an email with your child(ren)’s name(s) and photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We recommend one page per family.
- Please send image files, such as jpg or png.
- You are welcome to send a narrative about your student(s). But this is not required. Alternatively, we will send you a first draft and you will have the opportunity to send revisions.
- Your landing page will be emailed to you as a link. It is an active link, just like any web URL.
- Test your link to make certain it is perfect before you send it out.
Step 2 : Share Your Page!
- Copy the landing page link and paste it into a post on your favorite social media platform; Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.
- Send your link out to your social network via email.
- Text your link! Just another option for sending your new web page out to your network. Copy and paste the link into a text message.
- We will not share your page with anyone, that is your job!
We are excited to offer customized brochures featuring your student or family! We will place your student or family photo on the cover of our brochure, and pre-print the inside donation form with your child’s name and school.
- Email a single photo to email@example.com
- Portrait (vertical) oriented photos are preferred.
(We will automatically create custom brochures when you request a landing page!)